Blue Circle Hydrated Lime 25Kg
£12.00 Inc VAT
- 25kg Bag
- Superior performance
- Additional information
This Blue circle hydrated lime can be used both as general purpose mortar and for severe exposure situations. Can be used with Procem, Mastercrete, General Purpose Cement, Ferrocrete, Snowcrete and Sulfacrete. It is not suitable for use in mortars and renders without a Portland cement.
It is used for increased plasticity & cohesiveness in cement, mortars & renders. Preparation includes 1 part Portland cement, 1 part hydralime and 5 to 6 parts sand
- Blue Circle Hydralime is a hydrated lime used for increased plasticity & cohesiveness in cement, mortars & renders
- Fine, white, dry powder which lightens and brightens mortars
- A high calcium, non hydraulic, hydrated lime
- Makes floating renders and pointing mortars easier
- Hydralime can be used for traditional nominal mixes for mortars and renders in conjunction with standard Portland based cements or in lime-washes without cement
- Hydralime may not be used for general concreting, screeds or grout.
- For mortars and renders Hydralime should always be mixed with cement and sand components.
- The final finish quality of this material will depend on the operative having the required skills and a familiarity with the material and its application methods.
- Normal site practice to the relevant British and European Standards should always apply. Tarmac Cement UK cannot be held responsible where workmanship has not been carried out in accordance with good practice.
The maximum benefit of Hydralime can be obtained by its use in a lime putty. This is produced by adding an excess of Hydralime to water in a clean container with constant stirring to form a paste, which is allowed to condition by standing for 24 hours before use. Do not allow to dry out during this time.
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions. Manual handling should comply with The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
* Note that as Hydralime is non-hydraulic, it is not suitable for use in mortars and renders without a Portland cement.
- Priced Per: EACH
See more options here.